Wednesday, June 27, 2007

SNOW!

For the first time in my life have I encountered snow...

Not just in my life but today was the first time in 26 years that Johannesburg (in SouthAfrica) has had snow. Previously in 1981 there was deep snow, today was a very thin layer. I have spent some time this morning taking shots with my phone.
I was totally ecstatic about the snow, despite the coldness of below 0 temperatures, it totally made my day. I'm not a winter man, but I always wanted to see the snow. I thank the Lord for this wonderful opportunity I've had!!!

This was about 6am in our front yard. My phone doesn't have a flash unfortunately.

Still our front yard.

Same as pic 1 only an hour later

See how purple my hand got ;)

A few streets from us

A nearby sports field

I've taken more pics and my dad did but I think you get the picture! ;)

I hope the Lord would Bless us with snow again! The coldness is a small price to pay for such beauty!

No comments: