I read an article on another blog that dealt with GTD and had a embedded video of a 45 minute lecture.
I personally found it very interresting but there are a few things I want to bring out:
- Some of the things he taught sounded like Biblical principles being brought up, especially the part where he talked about "letting things control you", people manipulating you through the smallest things (stop trying to control everything they will end up controlling you, thats the bottom line), and being like a "Master and Commander" where you have your eyes on the prize but humble enough to clean a toilet.
- I like his view on the "Mind like water" part, it reminded me of Philipeans 4:6-7 where we shouldn't be anxious but always bringing our concerns to God (right now, "in every situation") to be able to receive His Peace.
- The only thing I would tell you to bear in mind is to not apply this in your life like another law. The Bible clearly warns us about it.
- To apply distributive cognition on all the tasks you still have to do, REALLY DOES lighten the weight your mind has to carry.
- We need to exercise our ability to control by "having dominion" (Genesis) over creation and not people (like we used to do, which is like playing God, BTW).
My favorite part was:
"People think that information overload the is problem... actually if information overload was the problem, you'd walk into a library and die!", "It's actually potential overload..."
Let me know what you thought about it, I would be interrested to know what you thought about and learn't from it.
[Edit:] Here is also a Wikipedia entry regarding GTD: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Getting_Things_Done